Have you given your Voucher Code to your chosen CDS approved broadband supplier yet ?
On the 5th of December Voneos had received 25 Voucher Codes
even though there are more than 84 CDS vouchers issued to premises in Compton Dundon !
65 committed Voucher Holders need to be signed up with Voneus by 9th December and installed by March 2017 in order for their community scheme to proceed.
If you wish to partake in the Voneus community scheme for Compton Dundon please contact Olivia Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org> and send her your name, address, phone number ,your chosen service (Essential £20/month for 20GB of data or Freedom £35/month for unlimited data) and attach the voucher code in your CDS email voucher – now.
If you care about this issue get out and discuss it with your neighbours to make sure this threshold of 65 vouchers is reached.
Not got your free voucher yet ? – well you are too late !
Deadline for Free Broadband Voucher applications was the 30th November.
No Internet Service Provider (ISP) is committed to providing a fast service for Compton and Littleton currently – a screen shot of a speed test showing less than 2.9Mbps should provide adequate evidence if needed to make your case – please don’t accept a refusal.
If your application is refused or you have difficulties or you know people who cannot view the online form, or do not have an email address but would be interested in the subsidised alternative broadband scheme. Please contact CDS at
and they will provide you or them with paper forms, along with a return address.
Contact Hugh Thomas mailto:email@example.com if you need assistance.
VONEUS COMMUNITY BROADBAND SCHEME
http://voneus.com/ – 65 Community Vouchers Needed
There was a good turn out for the meeting at the Meadway Hall on 11th of November for Voneus’s Presentation regarding a community broadband scheme in Compton Dundon.
Voneus stated they would provide a “minimum bidirectional speed of 24Mbps or they don’t get paid” at £20 for 20GB or £35 unlimited data per month.
The outdoor hardware was shown and fixed wireless technology explained – the timescales are tight though Voneus are confident.
If you wish to partake in the Voneus community scheme for Compton Dundon please contact Olivia Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org> and send her your name, address, phone number and attach the voucher code in your email voucher.
28/11/16 Olivia Grey writes
We are still struggling with numbers on our end, but I have heard from CDS that there are 84 applications for CDS vouchers in Compton Dundon, with 65 of those already approved. So people seem to be aware of the vouchers, but are just not coming to us.
Do you have any idea as to why this might be? Obviously, any feedback at this point would be helpful as we really want to get this project off the ground.
Here are some articles relating to a project that we recently completed, this may help??
• ISPreview – Voneus Bring 60-80Mbps Broadband to Dunton in Rural Bedfordshire http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/11/voneus-bring-60-80mbps-broadband-dunton-rural-bedfordshire.html
• Cable.co.uk – Church tower helps bring superfast broadband to village https://www.cable.co.uk/news/church-tower-helps-bring-superfast-broadband-to-village-700001693/
• Comms Business – Voneus Connects The Forgotten Village http://commsbusiness.co.uk/news/voneus-connects-the-forgotten-village/
HIGH SPEED BROADBAND – ACTION REQUIRED !
Thank you for attending the very successful event at the village hall on the 11th November, and a big thank you to those that have already registered their commitment to us.
We stated at this event that we need a minimum of 65 individual households to commit to installation along with a 24-month contact by the 9th December 2016 in order to make the project commercially viable, and to ensure installation by March 2017 (a deadline set by CDS).
Within 23 days, a decision will be made based on commitment received, as to whether or not we will go ahead with building a high speed broadband network infrastructure benefitting Compton Dundon.
We currently have only a third of the required commitment, and time is running out!
What we need from you:
If you would like to be a part of this community build, please send your full name, address, contact number, CDS voucher code, (or state that you are willing to pay for installation) along with your package choice to email@example.com .
If you have any questions regarding the service that we will be providing and what is available to you, please either contact myself, Hugh Thomas on firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
I will keep you updated with how we are getting on, but in the meantime, spread the word and let’s bring broadband to your community.
Sales Executive+44 (0)20 3026 4122 +44 (0)77 6363 0954
Voneus Limited | Southgate Office Village
1st Floor – Block B | 284A Chase Road | London N14 6HF
Do you have a voucher and do you wish to utilise it via a community scheme ?
CDS say that 45 premises in Compton Dundon have vouchers out of 140 eligable premises but of them 37 have expressed interest to date regarding participation in a community scheme to
Hugh Thomas mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you wish to keep your landline so you can still get technical support if your new service is down and you do not have mobile coverage?
Are you committed to an existing broadband contract (that is delivering more than 2Mbps) and therefore would you be prepared to pay for two contracts during an overlap period ? You may have to spend hundreds of pounds on installation if you have not paid for it with a voucher now.
Listed building consent is required – cost free – for the ‘side plate’ sized external antenna (on the chimney or gable – antenna can be painted to blend in ).
Compton Dundon Parish Council are aware that many residents are frustrated and dissatisfied with their current Broadband service, and are anxious to ensure that everyone is made aware of the status of the Broadband rollout in the Parish. We hope the following information will help to clarify the situation.
1. Connecting Devon and Somerset (CDS) are responsible for managing some of the rollout in our Parish. However, according to CDS’s website, Compton and Ham Lane “area is either currently, or planned to be, commercially covered by a private sector service supplier from the Street exchange (with 44… numbers). As such, (CDS) are not allowed to invest in this area under phase 1 of their program”. This information has been confirmed as incorrect as regards vouchers where the Department of Culture Media and Sport have stated that all those with a sub 2Mbps service are eligible for vouchers (so do not accept a refusal on this basis). Much confusion has resulted from BT failing to improve this service despite committing to do so during phase 1. Dundon has received an improved service (though not “superfast” for most) under phase 1 covered by the Somerton exchange (those with with 27…numbers) which does not have a commercially viable status.
2. CDS are due to provide details of their Phase 2 rollout plans by the end of 2016, and have indicated that they will seek much “Superfast” coverage by the end of 2017, with full service by commencement of 2019. We still do not know if Compton Dundon will be part of this rollout and 2019 is still 3 years away!
Please take the time to contact
David HALL – Councillor mailto:DHall@somerset.gov.uk and
David WARBURTON mailto:email@example.com
to ensure they understand your needs as they influence the priorities for the roll out of Phase 2.
Surgeries by appointment only – contact Mrs Netia Carr on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01373 580500 to book an appointment.
3. CDS have advised that up to 140 subscribers with a speed of less than 2Mbps in the parish are eligible to receive a Voucher ‘worth up to £500’, to fund the installation of a satellite or community wireless connection. Vouchers are available to homes and businesses and communities till Nov 2016 guaranteeing a minimum 10 Mbps on a range of tariffs with phase 2 unaffected.
4. CDPC would be willing to initiate a Community Scheme if there are sufficient people interested in the village. Even if you do not want to contribute to a Community scheme, we would urge you to apply for a Voucher and consider how best you can improve your own Broadband service if you are eligible.
5. CDS have provided a list of authorised suppliers, such as ABInternet, and Airband which uses fixed Wireless technology. Or Satellite providers such as Avonline or Europasat. A complete list can be obtained from the CDS website.
6. A satisfactory and reliable Broadband service is becoming more important for everyone, and is now regarded as a “must have utility”, rather than a convenience and can even affect house prices.
7. Hugh Thomas is co-ordinating the responses for everyone who would like to be involved with the Community Scheme. There is nothing to be lost by applying for a Voucher, even if eventually it is not used. Please apply via the CDS Website and contact Hugh for any questions.
Hugh Thomas mailto:email@example.com
HAM LANE – COMPTON STREET – STREET ROAD – SOMERTON ROAD
CDS have e-mailed parishioners to say that if they confirm that there is no viable ‘fibre’ service available to their property then they were happy to issue a voucher. On this basis anyone in the above areas should apply.
You can Apply and use your VOUCHER to a Community Scheme Crucially all residents with a service of less than 2Mbps are entitled to a Voucher ‘worth £500? towards a satellite based solution or a community scheme.
Run the BT speed test using the link below and find if your current service is less than 2Mbps.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ Click ‘yes’ button and then ‘Begin Test’
If you have not applied yet you can apply here :-
Read the small print here
What can you do with your Voucher ?
Possible Suppliers of Community Broadband Services for those with Vouchers
A) Fibre to the premises
100 Community Vouchers or interested parties needed – With additional funding of £750+ / premises
B) Fixed Wireless
http://voneus.com/ 65 Community Vouchers Needed
VONEUS Presented on Friday 11th of November
Broadband Package Comparison
Download speed Min 24 Mbps Min 24 Mbps
Data Allowance 20 GB per month Unlimited
Cost £20 per month £34.99 per month
Free installation with Connecting Devon and Somerset voucher
http://wireless.abinternet.co.uk/ABInternet/ 40 Community Vouchers Needed
|Which package is best for you?Essential Broadband 2Mb. £14.99/month inc vat.Our entry level broadband service for ‘light’ users. 2Mb download and 2Mb upload speeds and includes a free WiFi routerEssential Broadband 4Mb. £19.99/month inc vat.Our most popular broadband services. 4Mb download and 4Mb upload speed and includes a free WiFi routerEssential Broadband 10Mb. £29.99/month inc vat.Particularly good for large families with average demand. 10Mb download and 10Mb upload speeds and includes a free WiFi routerEssential Broadband 30Mb. £34.99/month inc vat.Intended for frequent and high usage broadband users. 30Mb download and 10Mb upload speeds and includes a free WiFi routerEssential Broadband 50Mb. £39.99/month inc vat.Designed for the most demanding of broadband users. 50Mb download and 10Mb upload speeds and includes a free WiFi router|
Possible Speed 32Mb per second — Typical Cost £32 per month — Common Data Allowance 16GB per month
You can use your voucher to bring benefits to your individual premises using
C) Cellular – Mobile Data 4G Wireless Broadband Internet Connection
(Subject to availability of a 4G signal Outdoors via high gain aerial)
CDS VOUCHER (or £495) which includes the 4G Modem, External Antenna. EE Data PAYG Sim Card, Full Installation, and Site Survey and a 12 month Warranty (3 months on the modem), plus 12 months free support.
There is no extra cost for the hardware although a Data Only Sim card needs to be purchased through ourselves (which is an EE data sim card) or directly through the mobile supplier. Prices vary depending on the capacity size e.g. 16GB to 100GB and the length of contract i.e. 1 month rolling contract to 24 months.
16GB starts from £22 a month. 32GB for a 1 month rolling contract is £28, or a 24 month contract is £25 a month. These are our most popular deals. We also provide at a small additional charge VOIP solutions meaning the customer can use the internet without the need of a landline.
We also boost Mobile Phone signals through either “Wi-Fi calling” through EE, or via 02 and 3 apps which uses the router to boost the signal to the maximum strength.
D)Satellite Technology Providers
Other approved suppliers for those with vouchers
Vouchers will be available until November 2016 or until the money runs out.
Vouchers do have a limited time for utilisation.